The sponsors of EcoCAR 2 play a critical role in the development of the vehicle. They provide us with both financial and technical support so that students may continue their educational paths towards a better future. Without them, the Penn State Team would have tremendous difficulty in researching new areas of automotive technology.
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection has been a consistent supporter of the Penn State AVT’s efforts. Through its Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant (AFIG) the DEP has granted funding to PSU’s Pennsylvania Transportation Institute (our parent body) in order to continue development of our vehicles and our facility infrastructure. We would like to sincerely thank the DEP for being the largest team sponsor of the Penn State Advanced Vehicle team over the past several years.
In addition to current competition sponsors, we are always looking for help to move our projects along. If you would like to become a team sponsor or help us in any way, please contact our Faculty Advisor Gary Neal (please use ‘EcoCAR 2 Sponsor’ in the subject line). Every little bit counts and any help is always greatly appreciated.
Sponsors of the Penn State AVT Team receive:
- Nationwide corporate publicity
- Placement of the company logo on the team’s vehicle
- Exposure at all of the seminars, trade shows, conferences, and events that the Penn State EcoCAR team attends.
- Company exposure to future engineering professionals
- Publicity on the Penn State Advanced Vehicle Team Web site
- Acknowledgment in event publications, press release and media announcements
- The opportunity to demonstrate concern about environmental energy issues
- The opportunity to demonstrate your company’s interest in cutting-edge technologies
- A presence on the Penn State campus